1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which GCSE specification for International School?

Discussion in 'Music' started by dakinpippa, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I'm currently working in an International School and we are using Cambridge IGCSE. We're looking into changing exam boards. I taught AQA in my last school in the UK (the recent spec) but I wasn't very impressed with the listening paper (although was very happy to never have to teach the Integrated Assignment again). I've heard mixed reviews about edexcel. I would be really grateful to hear views and opinions, especially now that the new exams have been tried and tested!

2. I'm currently working in an International School and we are using Cambridge IGCSE. We're looking into changing exam boards. I taught AQA in my last school in the UK (the recent spec) but I wasn't very impressed with the listening paper (although was very happy to never have to teach the Integrated Assignment again). I've heard mixed reviews about edexcel. I would be really grateful to hear views and opinions, especially now that the new exams have been tried and tested!

3. As I have recently stated in other posts, I use Edexcel and find it a good syllabus. I enjoy teaching the set works as I find all of them stimulating and worth studying in their own right. I like the fact that the students will know the music they hear in the exam and can hav ea chance to learn the features. It's a good preparation for A Level (well, as good as the other boards).