1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which faculty is best for art

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by uselessnerdII, Nov 10, 2011.

1. uselessnerdII

uselessnerdII New commenter

pardon my interloping but my school has decided to merge faculties (I am part of DT) and we have been asked to merge with expressive arts (art music and drama) I was just wondering how other art subjects sat and what was a successful fit.

2. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

We've been with Performing Arts for the last 6 years and I think it's been great - Drama, Dance, Music are creative in their approach, just like Art. Technology seems more 'formulaic' and research/ product-based.
    Having said that... Art has JUST moved back with Technology after our 6 years away, (but that is due to Performing Arts being extremely successful and the Head wanting to filter some of that success back to a struggling Tech dept.)
    We're a little upset as we've enjoyed our time with PA, but I think Art sits pretty well in either camp!