1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which exam board to choose for new GCSEs?

Discussion in 'Science' started by kels200, Sep 5, 2015.

1. We have always done AQA but, again this year have struggled to successfully get kids through the Core and Additional courses. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how the other exam boards compare, especially regarding the new GCSEs?

2. Evertonian

Evertonian New commenter

I'll be careful what I say but we changed to EdExcel for the last changes - I thought the coursework was a better option for us. I'm pretty much decided it's better to go back to AQA for various reasons. Theoretically they should all be near enough the same anyway...at least spec wise. My thoughts though are which exam format suits...within that AQA have done something interesting with the two different Double Award formats...synergy or trilogy. I'm a bit undecided on that but will have to do Biol/Chem/Phys for Triple at any rate. If you want more in depth thoughts feel free to message me to compare thinking!