1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Which direction for CDP ?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by dotty62, Apr 19, 2011.

  1. Hi
    Just joined and hoping that someone out there may be able to help me. I have been a TA for three years and now looking to gain a qualification that says I have reached a certain standard of working. I am not able to do HLTA as all the funding has been stopped by my LEA but was thinking down the lines of a Level 3 Certificated in Suppoting teaching and learning ( distance leanring ) or to go down the route of the first module through The Open University towards a Foundation Degree. I have looked into both over the last few days and am completely confused. The OU course seems quite intense and I haven't studied a long time plus have a husband, four children and work full time. Sounds like I'm talking myself out of it already, doesn't it ?
    I think the real problem is a lack of confidence but not sure if the level 3 STL will be seen as the easy option. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. I'll second that!

Share This Page