1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which data logger????

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Feb 25, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think I'm going to take the plunge and get some ICT bits to use in science at our school, we currently have nothing. I'm science co-ordinator, but not ICT and the ICT provision is dire, with a co-ord who isn't going to make it better any time soon. So whatever we get needs to work sort of as a stand alone system, though we do have an ICt room which all children use once a week.

Soooo which data logger type things do you use and which is the best for ease of use and encouraging staff not used to ICT in science please?

Ideally I'd like the same system for use from nursery to year 6...but am not sure if this is possible.

I can see in front of me Log Box, Easysense Q3 and LogIT. No clue at all which is better and the technical description seems to be in a different language.

I'm asking the same thing on science and on ICT, but would like input from people like me who are clueless as well please.

Thank you in advance.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think I'm going to take the plunge and get some ICT bits to use in science at our school, we currently have nothing. I'm science co-ordinator, but not ICT and the ICT provision is dire, with a co-ord who isn't going to make it better any time soon. So whatever we get needs to work sort of as a stand alone system, though we do have an ICt room which all children use once a week.

Soooo which data logger type things do you use and which is the best for ease of use and encouraging staff not used to ICT in science please?

Ideally I'd like the same system for use from nursery to year 6...but am not sure if this is possible.

I can see in front of me Log Box, Easysense Q3 and LogIT. No clue at all which is better and the technical description seems to be in a different language.

I'm asking the same thing on science and on ICT, but would like input from people like me who are clueless as well please.

Thank you in advance.