1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which city in Saudi Arabia is this post based?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Training_2_Teach, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

2. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Why not email them and ask.

3. Dax

Dax

It looks like a contractor who supplies staff to Saudi Aramco, who have their main Industrial Training Centres in Dahran and Riyadh. Dahran is far superior, as it's a very short hop to Bahrain, which is very easy going in comparison. It's rumbling with discontent at the moment, but expats don't seem to be targets. You'll need to find out about the contractor. Some are fine, but when I was there a few years ago I worked for a contractor owned by a "prince", who often took off to Switzerland with his (very) extended family, all flying first class, staying on the whole top floor of the very best hotel. Lo and behold, frequently there wasn't enough money to pay company staff. Salary cheques were on occasion dishonoured at the bank. Accommodation was a crowded second-rate villa miles away from the Riyadh Aramco Industrial Training Centre. No transport was provided other than a lift to and from work. Bloody, bloody awful. As is, in my opinion, Riyadh. But some contractors weren't too bad. However, those working directly for Aramco lived in superb compounds (definitely 5-star) and were looked after extremely well. Be careful! Sh!te place to live, great place to save.

4. Training_2_Teach

Received no reply.

5. Training_2_Teach

Thanks Dax. The info is very useful. I'll be back with more questions later.

6. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Always a bad sign.

7. Training_2_Teach

Does anyone know what curriculum the centre follows? Also,am I putting myself and disadvantage for the future working for a school that doesn't follow the UK, US or IBcurriculum?