1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which chores do you loathe and despise?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by learningyoghurt, Sep 9, 2011.

1. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

Bet there's been a thread on this before but I feel moved to yowl about it.
    I absolutely HATE putting clean clothes away and I don't know why. I don't mind sorting the laundry, putting it in the washer, hanging it out and I can even enjoy ironing when I set my mind to it.
    But I don't want to put my poxy socks in the sock drawer!
    There's a huge mountainous overflowing washing basket of clean clothes here looking at me. It can bog off. I'm not doing it!
    Any household tasks in particular that make you cross?

2. I *** hate the washing up. The draining board isn't big enough and the *** mugs fall back into the sink. Arrrrggggg. Hate it.

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Putting socks onto the drier! I don't mind pegging them out but loath putting them on the drier.

Don't mind any other job and even find cleaning the over therapeutic

4. I hate hoovering! Trying to get the hoover with it's hose and wire up the stairs to give them a clean is guaranteed to drive me incandescent!

5. learningyoghurt

Lite doesn't like the hoover, when he sees it he gets frightened and cries. So I can't do any hoovering while he's in the house, it would be cruel [​IMG]

grandelf - I have an issue with socks in general. Why is it that you can spend a day tidying, wiping the skirting-boards, scouring the surfaces, reorganising the storage to hold everything, sweeping the stairs and Mr Sheening everything and THEN when you've finished you turn round and there's a sock lying in the middle of the floor, looking at you?

They follow you, I swear.

6. all of them...except polishing the vodka bottles by repeatedly picking them up and putting them down...

7. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Its the sock monster

He spits them out to torments you, so that you will always have odd ones, either lying around the room or in the washer.

9. learningyoghurt

[​IMG]
    Now that I have a baby I'm also bedevilled by teeny tiny little socks... it's like they've bred.

10. I utterly despise putting clean clothes away, too. So glad to find a fellow sufferer - I have hated it ever since I was a small child - my Mum would get really offended as she had ironed them all nicely. I don't iron anything either!

11. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

I hate them all.
    (Not the socks - the jobs)

12. Emptying the dishwasher...it vexes me greatly. So much so that I now wash up myself. Sort of defeats the point as it takes me longer to wash and dry than it does to empty the infernal thing but at least I don't feel like flinging every piece of crockery against the wall

13. oh learningyogurt, we are kindered spirits. I can quite happily wash and hang out loads after load of washing, and when I can be bothered to lug the ironing board out I don't mind ironing, but our house is coming down with piles of clothes. We have two laundry baskets and I always end dumping one clean lot on top of another just to get a free basket. Moving tumble dried stuff from downstiars to upstairs is also a pain. Any available surface upstairs seems to be home to a pile of washing so I never know where anything is. Sigh. Just typing this post has depressed me.

Picking hair out of the shower plughole makes me heave.

14. impis

impis New commenter

Putting away clean clothes.
    Emptying the dishwasher.
    These are my most hated chores.
    Not to keen on any other chores either, really. In fact, if I ever get the urge to clean, I find it helps to take an aspirin and have a lie down.

15. washing up annoys me, but stuff out of a dishwasher has a feel to it that I dislike, plus the smell of a just finished dishwasher is horrid...so i have to wash up... boooooring...I like doing laundry, but don't squash clothes. I pay someone to do all the other boring housework. perfect!

16. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I like hanging up my clean clothes. colours, silks, cottons, linens, browns, greys, solid colours, stripes, styles and types grouped, ordered, toned.
    What is not to enjoy in such simple pleasures?

I am not keen on wax polishing the dining table, it has a squeak that penetrates.

17. Picking hair out of the shower plughole makes me heave.

Oh, yes... me too.
    I don't mind washing up (apart from my wooden spoon phobia) ... but I HATE washing the cutlery!

18. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

I have a very small flat so it is dead easy to keep clean and I don't mind that at all. I like to keep it clean and looking nice. I hate food shopping though and lugging the shopping up the stairs to my flat.
    When the kids are with their dad, I hardly have to buy any food - it feels like such a luxury not to have to worry about having any food in and just going to the pub for tea instead.

19. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

It is amazing how little needs doing once you get wised up. Why on earth put clean socks in a sock drawer? Just leave them in a heap till you want to wear them again. Why dust when once a year you can easily lift off the felt in next to no time. Why iron when the creases come out as you wear things? Chores are bores. There is always something more interesting to do.

20. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Are there supposed to be some chores that we like?