1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which browser to preview documents?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by LisaMelvin, Oct 17, 2015.

1. LisaMelvin

LisaMelvin New commenter

Hello Forum
    I have only used this new design TES web site a couple of times. I have just tried to preview documents and I am told (via dialogue box) that my browser won't support previewing. What version of Internet Explorer do I need in order to preview documents? Thanks. Lisa

2. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

Are you using your work computer? For some reason, lots of schools are still running ancient versions of IE - my brand new laptop is running IE8 and the current version is 11! If so, look to see if you have another browser, e.g. Chrome or Firefox, installed.

If it's your own computer and you're running Windows 7, 8 or 10, then you should be running IE11.

3. crusader62

crusader62 New commenter

I am having the same problem, both at work and at home. I am running windows 8.1 and using internet explorer. Surely IE8 is not that out of date