1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which Brexiter saw this one coming?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Sorry, needabreak, you're talking out your arrse as much as those who voted for Brexit did so without thinking things through properly.

If you want my advice, if I were you, I'd take that break you need and spend it somewhere relaxing so you had the opportunity to do nothing other than think. And leave your phone at home.

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Anyone interested in history, might find Henry VIII had only 3 mothers in law.

Rott Weiler and Kandahar like this.
  3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I don't want your advice or personal comments about any orifice you think I may be communicating through thank you. I suspect you disagree with my views on this... *wonder if you can still see my signature.

Kandahar likes this.
  4. Duke of York

I refer you to my own signature.

5. needabreak

I cannot see your signature since I'm using that handheld device which precludes my seeing it. My view on debating every single trade deal stands.

Since you have been so rude to me I shall take your advice, personal comments, referrals and often extended and irrelevant posts with a pinch of salt, I'd hoped posters could remain civil despite disagreements but this has clearly proved quite a challenge for you.

Kandahar likes this.
  6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Trade decision? Exactly what was the decision that was made? seems more of a dictat we had no choice about - because we've left the EU.

...and yes, you can be sure that decisions made by the government won't just be accepted and the blather of apologists taken as good enough.

7. needabreak

Wait, did you not read the post you quoted, you know the henceforth bit? Ask the OP who linked the issues. Jeeze you lot are off form tonight.

Kandahar likes this.
  8. Duke of York

Eh?

9. needabreak

Don't worry about it, I won't be.

10. Duke of York

Can you add a note to your signature the time of the month it's best to avoid conversing with you in order to avert misunderstandings please?

Burndenpark likes this.
  11. needabreak

I have no idea what you mean by this.

Kandahar and alex_teccy like this.
  12. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Lead commenter

EU trade deals are a red herring. EU as a proportion of our trade has been diminishing, whilst our trade with the US, with whom we don’t have a trade deal, has been increasing.

13. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

I am very familiar with cloud computing and I am astonished at this brazen move to rob us citizens of their data protection.

Burndenpark and CraigCarterSmith like this.
  14. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

What data protection have you been robbed of?

15. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I see Emmanuel Macron said yesterday that the EU doesn't need Britain to show our disunity, as EU budget talks failed over disagreement on how to replace the €75bn gap in EU finances following Brexit.

Angela Merkel admitted that the talks had been broken off because "differences are too big", while Macron wants more money for French farmers and the "frugal four" (Austria, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands) said they would not accept a budget of more than 1% of the bloc's GDP.

16. alex_teccy

And Ireland has been asked to become a net contributor, with increases in contributions required and reductions to Irish farmers and infrastructure. Some grattitude for Varadkar doing the EU's dirty work over Brexit.

border_walker and Kandahar like this.
  17. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The trouble with Brexit is that people have been more interested in the EU failing, than thinking about what Brexit actually entails.

Hence the mess. Already.

monicabilongame likes this.
  18. alex_teccy

The trouble with Brexit is that people have been more interested in Brexit failing, than thinking about what EU actually entails.

There, fixed it for you.

xmal and border_walker like this.
  19. Scintillant

Brexit will fail. It is failing. Grounded on lie after lie after lie.

David Dimbleby's savage attack on 'liar' Boris Johnson and 'apeing Donald Trump'

He added: "Nobody trusts Boris Johnson. Who could trust Boris Johnson?

"He lies everywhere to everyone. He lies to his family. He just makes it up, you know."

#liarjohnson
    #lieseverywhere
    #lietoeveryone
    #lyingliar

20. Scintillant