1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which agency...London?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by purplewolf78, Oct 21, 2018.

1. purplewolf78

purplewolf78 New commenter

Hi
    I have been doing supply for a few years and like many have been paid via umbrella companies. My agencies all say that I can't do PAYE via them and reading the threads here I realise that it isn't the case. One agency said my rate for daily is £130 for a full day but if I went PAYE it would go down to £95??? So my question is , which agency/agencies in London do not use umbrella companies and have any of you had their daily rate cut so significantly to be on the agency's PAYE roll? I realise you can't name names but if you could message me I really would appreciate it. Thank you!!

pepper5 likes this.
  2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi purplewolf78

Welcome to the forum.

I don't live in London, but hope someone sees your post and replies by private messaging.

It would be great if you could get onto PAYE.

3. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

@purplewolf78: An agency imposing a pay cut of about 25% to be put on PAYE is a bit much. I wonder if it is even legal to have two pay rates for the same job. In the last six years, I have joined most of the leading agencies in London, and none of them did PAYE. When I asked about it, the attitude of these agencies was 'UC, or the door'.

gingerhobo48 and pepper5 like this.