1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where's Ned?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by notyet, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Where are you Ned? I hope all is well. Miss your authentic self. [​IMG]
    And your aunt Edwina who lives in my favourite part of Melbourne, nowhere near Box Hill-next stop Echuca?

2. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

notyet, I am also missing the truly life-enhancing presence of those feisty little people from Melbourne's more fragrant garden suburbs.
    However I have a feeling that for Ned and Edwina, this life of ours is too short to spend casting the proverbial pearls before swine. Edwina has gathered those pearls up around her shapely neck and left the sty, perhaps forever. We who are left behind to wallow with the pommy piglets, can only whisper in valediction:
    Sweet Yarra, run softly till I end my song;
    Sweet Yarra, run softly, for I speak not loud or long...

3. Thanks for your kind comments Notyet and SMT dude. Just recovering from an eye operation at the moment, and things seem to be healing OK. Taking it easy, but back on deck soon. My dear old adopted aunt Edwina also sends her good wishes. She has confided in me that she wants to return to the mother country to try her hand at supply teaching, but only in a few select areas. She still has her UK passport, and with her family connections back home for support, she may well succeed in her endeavour! Good luck to her I say!! [​IMG]
    Regards to all
    Ned

4. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Good to have news.
    Look after that eye, mate: no World Cup cricket on TV...

5. Tell her she is most welcome to stay in my humble abode if she so wishes. My home town is not Euskadi but she can wallow in 'Pre History' (as dead white males call it) to the most contemporary of stories: literary and other. But then again Euskadi is very near.
    And if she is ready for adventure we can do the Running of the Bulls at only 3/4 of an hour from here, (a bus leaves at 8 every morning) las fiests de San Juan etc. I'm afraid the Tomatino is a bit far but we could get a bus to Barcelona to see the architectural delights of Miro. I wouldnt take her to see that house of the fascist Daliiiiii, tho'.
    If she prefers to stay in England and wants to try some imaginative cuisine I might be able to arrange a table at post food poisoning The Fat Duck .
    I wish you a speedy recovery.[​IMG]

6. The Waste Land definitely form 'my 'dream team' sir.
    And I love Keats.....
    Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul? [​IMG]
    Isn't this fun and/or the inquietudes of an overseas teacher no less????