1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by fretless, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I want to buy a gift card/voucher for a new young mum (early 20s) but I am not sure which store would be the best as it is a long time since I last bought a gift like this. Where would you recommend? Is there anything that you would recommend as a gift?

2. I want to buy a gift card/voucher for a new young mum (early 20s) but I am not sure which store would be the best as it is a long time since I last bought a gift like this. Where would you recommend? Is there anything that you would recommend as a gift?

3. well next/mothercare/toys r us/mamas and papas gift vouchers
    I found snow suits fab (as its been sooooo cold) - and I had this fantastic gift which was like a tower made up of nappies/socks/vests/muslins/babygrows and little outfits - but very expensive. I also received some socks which were made up to look like cakes. really unique
    I do not mean to sound ungrateful but I received way too many sleepsuits/babygrows!!! I bet I had about 50 in each size!!! I don't dress LO in them in the day either so don't need anywhere near that.
    Hope this helps

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Hi! Sorry, I may have misunderstood your post but I took it to mean that you're getting the new mum a voucher for herself.
    If I'm right, then New Look is a good one because they have a HUGE range of clothes. There really is something there to suit everyone, in all sizes ... but especially ideal for a young, trendy mum.
    If I'm wrong, then I'd recommend Next, John Lewis, Debenhams or baby Gap vouchers. They all have GORGEOUS baby stuff.
    xx

5. Thank you for your replies. I want her to be able to spend the money in what she thinks is the best way so it is likely to be either mothercare or next as we have both of those stores in our town centre.