1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where would you put yourself on the graph?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

"Phases of the first year of teaching" - I would apply it to all years of teaching!
    [​IMG]

2. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

"Phases of the first year of teaching" - I would apply it to all years of teaching!
    [​IMG]

3. I am in the survival bit at the moment... but my graph is a bit messed up

4. tidal

tidal New commenter

You need to add the bit at the end called "escaped"

5. Been on "Survival" for the past 20 years

6. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I could change that timescale to individual days... individual lessons sometimes!

7. I am not even teaching, but I could use that graph for each day of the week apart from weekends.
    And even for some weekends [​IMG]

8. btw - it is a standard HR training graph (not that that means, milkie, that it was not worth posting).
    It just made me chuckle, as exactly the same graph was shown to us 3 weeks ago in a budget meeting.
    [​IMG]

9. I don't like it. There's not a toddling along quite happily bit.

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

My graph has years for the timescale and Survival follows Disillusionment. The Disillusionment bit took about two years, and I'm currently on Survival.

11. I'm quite happy on reflection.... though on maternity leave so not sure if that counts! Though I am sure that graph works for having a newborn too.

12. morning

13. oops, thought I was posting on millions!

14. That gives me a bit of hope actually. Right now I'm in that dip but I see that from next month I should start to climb out the other side.

15. There are various versions of it - including the hype cycle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hype_cycle
    Basically you can follow the same pattern, whatever you apply it to. There will be a surge, a dip, a rise and then a plateau.

16. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

The graph is faulty. There is no "running around like a blue @rsed fly working all the hours on earth" section in March.

17. [​IMG] I am quite firmly in that stage at the moment. I have the longest to do list of all the to do lists I have ever written and it keeps on getting longer.

18. This is me too! [​IMG]

19. LOL - I need that for March, June, September and December. End of every quarter is manic. New prices, new diesel floater, new quotes, new quarterly controlling figures and statistics. All to be done when the Big Bosses come back from playing golf, of course.
    But they want it yesterday and think you can just open Excel, press a button - hey presto, it is all there.
    And then by some dint of a miricale - it appears in SAP.
    And then another wonder occurs - the figures are transmitted back with a variable and the new excel spread sheets just...change, without the lifting of a finger or the pressing of a button.
    And the clients all know, because they can read minds. As can the hauliers.
    And we are all very happy that the Big Bosses had a nice golfing holiday.

20. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Glad it's not just me then.
    Ho hum, best go home and remind my family who the strange bird with the curly hair is![​IMG]