1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where will I find Statement criteria?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Miss2012, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I am working with a pupil and the class teacher and I were meeting about next terms work. She said she doesnt know if he meets the Statement criteria.
    Our SENCO is off long term sick and neither the class teacher or I know where such criteria is written down?

Can you help?
    Is it different depending on local authority or is there one criteria?

Miss

2. I found the ones for my LA on the internet doing a Google search - I needed them to put an application for a statement together for my son. Just Google Statement criteria and your LA name and see what you come up with.

3. This is a link to Cambridgeshires Matracies laying out the threshold criteria for a child to be statemented in this county, each county will have a similar document. The matracies are not always easy to find on line, but your school should have a hard copy or you should be able to get one from your LEA

http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/23211911-7E38-4CC0-894F-6A66E2D24BBA/0/GuidanceonIdandAssess_SENWhole.pdf