1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where to start?? Performance Man targets!!

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by lucywag, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hi!
    Can anyone help please? I was aksed by my mentor tonight to come up with my own Performace Management targets for next year by lunchtime tomorrow! Don't know how to pick them!
    I know they should be personal to me but where should I begin? Do they have to cover anything in particular? I'm confused!!
    x

2. These are for slt to give, not you. You may ask for one relating to your subject respoinsibility next yr, e.g. Science, but the targets aren't up to you to stipulate, so just say that you'd be interested to hear examples that might be expected of someone at your stage of teaching.

3. Ok, thank you! That makes sense but communication in school is so bad I'm never too sure what is expected of me :-S

4. Charlington

Charlington New commenter

Hmm, I am not sure that is entirely true. At my school we had a whole school PM target that everyone had to achieve, but the remaining target was devised in a conversation with the HoD and yourself. I think it's very valuable thinking about what you want to do to develop as a teacher, and having a target in place that focusses on one issue helps you to concentrate your efforts on improving that area of your practise. It can't be good for everyone's development if all targets are dictated by SLT without consultation with the teacher.