1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where to find plasticine?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missgeo, Jul 8, 2011.

1. missgeo

missgeo New commenter

I'm trying to find where the best (and cheapest) place is to get plasticine from?

Also does anyone know how much plasticine I will need for a class to make small models in pairs with?

2. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Wilkinsons is cheap - about £1.

3. missgeo

missgeo New commenter

Oh, I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks!

4. You should not be buying this yourself! It should be being bought from the school budget. They will buy it from central supplies which should be even cheaper than any shop.

5. Do tou actually need plasticine? Would playdough or saltdough do the job as well? If so it is probably cheaper to make your own and very easy to do.

6. missgeo

missgeo New commenter

The department has a limited budget so it's a case of if I want it I provide it.

roseangel: Anything that can be repeatedly reshaped over an hour or so will do, as we're doing animations. How long does it take saltdough to harden?

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I bought 10 packs from Wilkinson's for my class to make a small model each (we are doing freeze frame animation) - get the packs from stationary not toys as the packs are larger.