1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy jeans?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by msmuse, Jun 23, 2012.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

From experience, I know that finding a pair of jeans is a nightmare, and exhausting taking them on and off in hot, sweaty changing rooms! I plan on shopping today for a night out tonight, so catalogues are not an option. I want to be able to dress them up, but also down for everyday wear.
    I want a pair that are suitable for my size 16 (- ish) figure that are flattering and fashionable (I am over 40). They must also not be really expensive.
    Can anyone recommend a shop to try, or even better a pair of jeans which might be suitable? Thanks in advance.

2. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

From experience, I know that finding a pair of jeans is a nightmare, and exhausting taking them on and off in hot, sweaty changing rooms! I plan on shopping today for a night out tonight, so catalogues are not an option. I want to be able to dress them up, but also down for everyday wear.
    I want a pair that are suitable for my size 16 (- ish) figure that are flattering and fashionable (I am over 40). They must also not be really expensive.
    Can anyone recommend a shop to try, or even better a pair of jeans which might be suitable? Thanks in advance.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I get mine from Per Una - they actually fit and stay up without a belt!

4. I find Yours or, weirdly, Sainsburys are good for jeans

5. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I love Per Una but our M&S here is tiny so I doubt they would have anything much. I'll look though. Thanks!

6. Next are excellent-lots of different 'cuts' as well

7. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Thanks for the replies [​IMG]. Our M&S here is tiny, so Per Una is probably not an option unfortunately. What/where is 'Yours'?

8. Next jeans are really good and provide a great fit with no gaps around the waist if you happen to have a curvy bum.

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Another vote for Next here. The styles and cuts are very different so I always try on about 5 different pairs.

10. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I got a well-fitting, cheap pair from Sainsbury's but the material isn't very good quality.
    Get a pair with Lycra if you want a pair that will keep its shape.

11. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

12. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Per una
    Roma fit - they sit on your waist nicely. Excellent jeans.

13. New Look are really reasonable and I find they fit well. Have also bought Primark jeans which I've liked x

14. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Another vote for Per Una here but for a cheaper version which also seem to fit nicely, try Red Herring. in Debenhams. Also John Rocha jeans are worth a look.

15. Buy online and collect from your local store. You can try them on and give them straight back if the fit isn't right.

16. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

My local store won't take them back if they don't sell that style - which is why I'd be ordering from them in the first place. I got very irritated.....

17. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've experienced the same. It is pretty annoying.