1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy a resonance board?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by mingins, Jun 14, 2016.

1. mingins

mingins New commenter

I have got some pupil premium money to spend on a pupil with SEN and the SALT has suggested I purchase a resonance board. I am having trouble finding one to buy - have found one by 'soundabout' at £249 but that's all. Does anyone know of any other companies who sell them? I know they are easy to create with a piece of plywood but as I have some money to spend was hoping to get a purpose built one.
    Thanks.

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Don't know of anywhere that sells these except soundabout but having one made for you is easier than it first seems -
    Do you have any parents with woodworking skills or maybe a local business that works in wood? Some are only too happy to make a bespoke board for the cost of materials (especially as they are so easy to make) plus publicity. Often the local FE college has a student or woodwork apprentice who would make one as part of their project. Also look in the local paper for a handyperson who you could pay to make one to your spec.

3. mingins

mingins New commenter

Thanks for the reply - looks like its buy the Soundabout one or make one. I will look into local businesses who would like the publicity of helping a special school. You did make me think that maybe our senior pupils could make one in DT if they are that easy. Thanks again - its the first time I've posted anything so glad to get a reply.

4. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter