1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

where to advertise?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by emz123, Jan 4, 2012.

1. emz123

emz123 New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I am considering doing some private tuition a few evenings a week as I have recently taken a drop in wages (due to maternity leave teacher coming back to work) so could do with some extra money.
    I am just wondering where is the best place to advertise this? I am based in Leicestershire.

Thanks for any help!

2. emz123

emz123 New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I am considering doing some private tuition a few evenings a week as I have recently taken a drop in wages (due to maternity leave teacher coming back to work) so could do with some extra money.
    I am just wondering where is the best place to advertise this? I am based in Leicestershire.

Thanks for any help!

3. In addition are flyers a good way to advertise?

Thanks

4. List your services on free online directories (BookMyCity, Yelp, Google, CitySearch, etc). Just make sure your name is everywhere! If you think students will be looking for your services themselves, online is the way to go.

5. If anyone out there would be kind enough to give me a 101 course on setting up a website, I would be very grateful. So far, my efforts have not been very successful.

6. I'd be happy to help out a little although I'm certainly not an expert. How far have you got and what problems are you having? What are you using?