1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where to advertise for a tutor?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by cardiganlover, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'd really appreciate some advice. I run my own business and will be looking for MFL teaching staff in the near future. However, I'm only looking for people who would like to work a small number of hours per week during the day and this number may vary. For this reason it may also be helpful if they are self employed. Therefore I thought it would be a good idea to advertise for a tutor.
    Does anyone have any ideas where I could advertise that doesn't cost a fortune and where I could find high quality candidates?

2. jessbgirl

jessbgirl New commenter

You could try Gumtree, that is where I advertise when I am offering tuition

3. earlybirdtutors

earlybirdtutors New commenter

Hi,
    You could try firsttutors. They advertise jobs on their site.
    I am starting a new company called Early Bird Tutors and we will be advertising jobs on the site soon. We aim to have MFL qualified teachers who would like to tutor in their spare time.

4. HI there,
    I would also like to ask where is the best place to advertise for tutors. I have established my own home tutoring agency www.cheshirehometutors.co.uk based in Cheshire and offering tuition in all subjects and levels from KS1, KS2, KS3 up to undergraduate level. I am overwhelmed with requests for tutors and simply do not have enough tutors to fill the demand.
    I have looked into placing an advert in the press and on the internet but the fees to advertise are ridiculous. If you are interested in joining my agency then please do not hesitate to contact me for an informal chat! However if anyone knows of any good, reasonably priced outlets for advertising for tutors I would be very grateful.
    Thankyou for taking the time to respond.