1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where in the world?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, Aug 25, 2017.

1. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

I thought it might be fun to find out where everyone went on holiday during the summer holidays. I spent 2 weeks in Italy and a week in France.

mathsmutt likes this.
  2. msworld

msworld New commenter

Off to Cornwall tomorrow!

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Snap haha

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

I spent a few days in London with my fella and his son. Other than that I've been training my two 5 month old border collie pups! o_O Ha.

mathsmutt likes this.
  5. MissHallEnglish

Oh and where in Italy @labellaroma? It's my favourite country!

mathsmutt likes this.
  6. labellaroma

I spent 9 days touring around the region of Le Marche,3 days in Rome and 2 days in Verona. I used to work in Rome many years ago and so I go back most years. It's my second home.

mathsmutt and cate_h like this.
  7. MissHallEnglish

Verona is stunning. I ski in the Dolomites and last year we went to Lake Garda, Florence and Venice.
    Maybe when I retire I'll move!

mathsmutt likes this.
  8. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

We were in Vienna for a week, followed by and few weeks digging the garden.:)

9. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I'm currently replying from Zante :) just thought I would pop on see what I've missed while away

mathsmutt and Krazikas like this.
  10. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

I stayed at home and entertained my three grandchildren for a month. Now I need a holiday!:eek:

Krazikas and mathsmutt like this.
  11. The_English_Tutor

The_English_Tutor New commenter

Italy....Tuscany...Florence first then just outside Lucca.....Southfield for a long weekend and North Yorkshire in October....

mathsmutt likes this.
  12. labellaroma

How bizarre. This post has received over 300 views yet sadly only 7 people have taken the time to leave a comment. Come on guys, don't be shy. Please take a second to share where you spent your summer holiday with us here on TES. It would be interesting to find out just how many teacher didn't have the time or the funds to actually go anywhere.

mathsmutt likes this.
  13. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

We went on a cruise in the Med. We visited Malta, Corfu, Croatia and Venice. Loved it.
    @labellaroma I visited Verona last year and thought it was a beautiful place. :)

mathsmutt likes this.
  14. MikeRichards

MikeRichards New commenter

Kent, France, Belgium, Luxenbourg, Germany, Austria, Croatia, Disneyland Paris (felt like another country) and back to England. Four weeks in a trailer tent. Then a week at Haven Mablethorpe with six kids.

TheGingerTeacher and mathsmutt like this.
  15. Resource_Creator

Resource_Creator New commenter

I'm from New Zealand and we don't overseas holiday as much as you guys, most likely due to the fact we are so far away, so it is a lot more expensive to hop over to Spain or France. We do have some beautiful islands close by though, but it is getting the weather right!

mathsmutt likes this.
  16. Takeaway-Resources

Takeaway-Resources New commenter

A week in Mexico for me.

mathsmutt likes this.