1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

where I can view my account etc?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by durgamata, Jul 21, 2017.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

I've only recently started making resources which are not free. I've been very busy recently and today returned to work on these resources but I can't find the place where you create them - or my account to see if there has been any interest in those I have made. Can anyone direct me please?

2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Hi @durgamata

You need to go to your author dashboard. Make sure your in the resources section and you should see the link on the left OR by click on your icon in top right. Once there, you can upload new stuff in the resource management section and see how you have been doing in the analytics section.

3. durgamata

4. durgamata

I don't know why but I can't find the Author Dashboard link either from Resources or from my icon. I know I will learn how to do this but at the moment I am still 'at sea.'
    Do you have any idea why I'm not finding my way around here? I'm sure it's quite straightforward but the time I have to work on this is limited and I'm spending it going in circles, trying not to feel disheartened!!!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Hello @durgamata

Click on Resources in the top menu banner.
    upload_2017-7-26_21-27-41.png

You should see a side menu pane - do you have a link to your author dashboard there?

upload_2017-7-26_21-29-7.png

6. durgamata

When I click on Resources this is what I find -

tes Resources Jobs Community News Courses ? Store (can't read my writing)

Next line -

Early years Primary Secondary Whole School Special Needs Blog Tes Teach...

Next line -

Lesson Resources, For teachers, by teachers.....

and then which resources are most popular at the moment. No link to Author Dashboard. Could it be the computer I'm on???

7. durgamata

Thanks. I'll have a look.

8. durgamata

No. There is no link that brings a drop-down menu. AND I have lost the nice reply I had received and my reply to that!!!

9. durgamata

Ah. I've managed to get back here - which is progress. Thanks for your help Marlin. I'll try screen-shots to show you what I'm getting...

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I can see my reply and yours to that. :confused:

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I'll look for another route.

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Click on Resources as before and then click on your avatar.
    upload_2017-7-26_21-41-37.png

Do you get a large drop down menu?

upload_2017-7-26_21-42-35.png

13. durgamata

I took a screen-shot, pasted it onto a Word page, copied it, pasted onto a Paint file, saved it as a jpg and tried to upload it to show you but it says insert the picture url. What's that?

14. durgamata

I don't think I get that either. Let me see... And please tell me how to upload a screenshot! I feel like I'm back in the infants class.

15. marlin

marlin Star commenter

From your pasted picture in Word you should be able to copy and paste into the reply box - if it is too big to paste then just reduce it in size and try again.

I use the snipping tool to copy what's on my screen.

16. durgamata

Thanks. That's fantastic. I will try it out before I forget.
    The other good news is that I have found the Authors Dashboard. I think the problem before was that I was clicking on my icon when I was not on the Resources page - so it didn't give the drop down menu. But now when I click on it while on the Resources Page I found it straight away. Let's see if I can show you with your instructions on screenshots.....

marlin likes this.
  17. durgamata

upload_2017-7-26_21-51-25.png

marlin likes this.
  18. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Brilliant! :)

19. durgamata

Ha Ha. There's the proof that I have learned something new today!!!

marlin likes this.
  20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Well done! :)

I'm so pleased you're sorted - it's so frustrating when things aren't easily found.