1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where has all the money gone?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by anon864, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Everywhere is hurting for funding. Schools, FE, HE. The Panorama show just highlights how funding was taken away from FE colleges functioning well and given to yet one more poorly run, ill thought out programme done badly, once again robbing learners.
    Where has all the money gone? Thoughts?

2. Everywhere is hurting for funding. Schools, FE, HE. The Panorama show just highlights how funding was taken away from FE colleges functioning well and given to yet one more poorly run, ill thought out programme done badly, once again robbing learners.
    Where has all the money gone? Thoughts?

3. Where has all the money gone?
    Long time passing
    Long time ago
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

Just thought I'd offer a rally cry for you barneyboy!

4. Pobble, could you please maintain a professional demeanor and stick with the subject of the thread or find another outlet. We are trying to have a serious exchange here.

5. Did you miss the comprehensive spending review?
    Did you not hear about the 20% reduction in public spending?
    For your benefit....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11569160

6. If only.

7. You actually believe this?

8. I've no idea barneyboy!
    You still haven't identified which money you are blathering about - as I asked on another thread.
    I know where the pennies in my pocket went - down the back of the couch.
    I know where last month's paypacket went - bills mainly.
    I know where my lottery ticket £1 went - off to Camelot.
    Was any of that the money you are referring to?

9. That last comment was aimed at Shirtandtie.

10. Ooooooooooh! S+T, he got you there, yuk yuk!

11. I know. He nailed me. But it is the time of year for come backs.

12. Yes I believe that the Chancellor of the Exchequer annonunced in his comprehensive spending review that public expenditure would be reduced by 20% over the life of the current Parliament and that this has signficantly reduced the public funds availabel to schools, FE and HE.
    But what do you think?

13. Think? Think? No one here is thinking at all. Just reacting and writing little soundbites. I didn't know you were taking this seriously....

14. Yes but what do you think?

15. You have made it quite clear that no one is taking this seriously, so this thread should end now. Bye.

16. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

The Panorama programme, while being a bit sensationalist and simplistic, was actually reasonably informative, as it showed up the private training providers as simple profiteers ripping off the taxpayer for vast profit while making no inroads into unemployment and failing to train anyone for anything.

17. You have made it quite clear that no one is taking this seriously, so this thread should end now. Bye.
    You're not taking it seriously either barney and you started the damn thread.
    Mind you don't trip over your skirts as you flounce off.

18. Going to ignore the above comments. Unclear if it was meant as a joke or a jibe to central cultural groups - but I am going to ignore it.
    I will help you a little.
    The question remains - where has all the money for FE gone - large chunks are being submersed into LSIS. Why?

19. Barney never really got round to telling us! Hence the daftness of the thread!