1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where does the 'strike' money go?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by madwoman, Nov 18, 2011.

1. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

actually if the head closes the school - the LA doesnt know who has been on strike so therefore everyone gets paid. Our wonderful HT has said he will do that to ensure we all get paid :)

2. kareneliot

kareneliot Occasional commenter

So he is closing the school which will prevent people from going to work? The LA are OK with that?

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

This isn't true, you have to do a return to the LA which states exactly who was working but unable to attend because the school was closed, and who was striking.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Yes - as others have said, it won't work. He also faces the possibility of disciplinary action if governors take umbrage.

5. Thanks for all the replies. Will pass on to staff who have asked :)

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

My school's skint, so we're doing it a favour if, by striking, we cause it to close!

7. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

There is an element of this in my school too inky. Last term we saved a couple of thousand pounds because we closed, this time it will be slightly higher - more teachers are out.
    It might mean that I can keep staffing at current levels next year. Every cloud...