1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do you want to go on your holidays?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ninenotes, Jan 1, 2016.

1. ninenotes

ninenotes Senior commenter

Reading another thread where people are worried about spending too much on holidays..... Where are you going and where would you go if money and time were no object?

I don't see any harm in thinking long term so that if you do save up enough, you know what to do with it.

I want to go here all of a sudden. Can't think why.

[​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Had to do a 'search' to find where that was.:oops:
    For me it would always be somewhere with mountains,forests and lakes. So Canada, Norway, Austria and Switzerlan. Though New Zealand would be a possibility according to my son.

Might be too late to even dream now.

There are some very good travel programmes on tv though.:)

3. ninenotes

Its never too late.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I am going to New York and Washington and would love to go to somewhere in Italy later in the year.

5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

There are so many places I haven't been to, it would be easier to say where I DON'T want to go.

Italy is the country I like most, so far, but there's lots of Europe I haven't seen and never been to Canada, Oz, NZ, USA.

The world is too small and rar too big at the same time.

6. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

ahhhh...my favourite subject - travelling and holidays.

Myanmar is next up for me, but it will have to now wait until next Christmas as the weather there isn't great in our summer. Have put it off twice now, but 2016 will be the year I get there.

I have a week off coming up in February and trying to work out what to do with that holiday. It's an expensive travel time over here (Chinese New Year) and everywhere is really crowded, so it might be a stay at home week.

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

The Caribbean, I suppose. We're meant to be going to Gwada or Martinique but I don't know if I can be bothered.

I didn't think I'd like Barbados but I did. And you can't beat the swimming.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  8. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

The Caribbean is an area I've not been. It hasn't appealed up until now, but I have found that in the last few years I have begun to enjoy more relaxing holidays. I never used to be able to sit still for long enough to find beaches and pools a draw. Maybe now I have outgrown my restlessness I would like it.

9. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Arequipa to see the condors and the train over the altiplano down into La Paz!

rouxx likes this.
  10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The cost has always stopped us from going to Barcelona and Italy. I would love to do a tour of Rome, Florence and Tuscany. The real trip of a life would be to go to Mexico and treck up Machu Picchu but I need to build up the strength in my left leg before I am ready for that anyway.

At the moment one of our dogs is 14 years old. He struggles to cope with kennels so all holiday plans this year are in the UK so the dogs can come too. It will be our 10th wedding anniversary in 2017 so we would like to go back to Las Vegas then but it is all doggie dependent.

Lara mfl 05 and frangipani123 like this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I want to go here all of a sudden. Can't think why.

That's the bridge that links mainland Malaysia to the island of Penang isn't it ?

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

13. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I'm going to Guernsey, France and Spain this year which will be lovely but I'd go back to Norway, where we went last year, in a shot.
    I've only been to Scotland once, 33 years ago, and that's next on my list.

14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

We have a house and dog-sitter. Ours haven't been in kennels. Well, one did but the other two never have. I couldn't bear sending them. With three dogs it's hardly more expensive to have someone look after them at home and SO much nicer for everyone.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  15. ninenotes

Why?

They're not that expensive.

16. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

You certainly do - you're in for a VERY long walk! ;)

:D

ninenotes likes this.
  17. bombaysapphire

They are considerably more expensive than other places in Europe.

18. ninenotes

I've been to Italy a few times and its really not that expensive.

Unless you want everything 5 star I don't see how it costs too much.

19. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

20. bombaysapphire

Compare the price with a trip to one of the cheaper Greek Islands. We are all operating on different budgets.