1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do you order your class set of books from?

Discussion in 'English' started by fluffykat_9, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Just wondering what companies people use to order books from (particularly class sets)? I have previously used MBE books as they are relatively cheap and you get free book jackets. However, they don't stock 'The Woman in Black' , play or novel, and also wish to buy an alternative version of 'An Inspector Calls' as our version has 3 plays in it and pupils find it confusing in the exam.
    Would like to here some suggestions so I can explore the different options (and hopefully save money!)
    Thanks
    Fluffykat_9 :)

2. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

We use Hills in Whitehaven, but I don't know where you are, so that may not be any good. Can MBE not get it?

3. Do I have a bargain for you? Our library offers books from Scholastic to our pupils- with 20% of takings being reclaimed in free books. As it happens, they have a great deal this month on The Woman in Black, knocking a cheap edition out at only £2.99. Add to this the 20% of the purchase price in free books and you've got a real bargain! Just don't encourage them to see the recent film, unless you do so just so they can appreciate how good the novella is....[​IMG]
    Deatils here: http://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/86626