1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do you get yor novels?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by glitterkid, Feb 18, 2011.

1. hi all
    I'm have some money in the pot to buy novels toextend what we already have. Upper KS 2 is well supplied, but we have very little for early KS 2, I'd say for ages 7-9. Anyone know of anyone who's good to order from? Or can offer suggestions of books I should get?

Thanks in advance

2. hi all
    I'm have some money in the pot to buy novels toextend what we already have. Upper KS 2 is well supplied, but we have very little for early KS 2, I'd say for ages 7-9. Anyone know of anyone who's good to order from? Or can offer suggestions of books I should get?

Thanks in advance

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

The Book People, can get books for about £1 each if you choose wisely.

4. thanks for the reply, i'll check them out.

5. We get a lot from the Book People too, v good value and some gread reads. My year 4 boys are loving the 'dinosaur cove' series at the minute and eating them up so they can compare each one. They seem to like the books that come in series (horrid henry, astrosaurs, beast quest), which all came from the book people at some point, and anything that encourages boys of this age to read can't be bad!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

The Book People and Amazon would be my choices as well. Can get loads and loads for your money and all good stuff.

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

Its a gamble but theyre are also lots on the likes of ebay and i get many clean copies for my class from charity shops..........its amazing what parents have at home if you ask for thier help.