1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

where do I start?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by alphabite, Dec 17, 2011.

1. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

Alphabite, you are indeed an inspiration.

Giraffe, I hear you.... :(

2. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

I've been doing this for a while but didn't know it had a name. It's very helpful as tasks stop seeming so overwhealming.

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

before i do anything, mr s has to put all of his toys/tools back where they cam from. i can't do anything in two rooms before he does that, and i'm not doing it for him!

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I need to do some sorting over the holidays. I have dropped from a size 18 to a size 14 since the summer. Time to clear that stuff out from my wardrobe that no longer fits.
    I need room for the 12s that I am going to buy in the sales and lose weight into over January [​IMG]

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Oh I hear you Emilystrange! You have one of those husbands too do you?
    He is in the middle of decorating now and has promised it will be finished by today, but I have my doubts. There are still tools out from 3 years ago! I have today made a pile of them by the front door taken from every single room in the house and it's quite a large house. I have started to gut the house ready for christmas as his parents are coming to us, but I have got as far as I can now due to his piles of paperwork, junk and tools.
    He has next week off for the first time and he is in for a treat. Deep cleaning bathrooms for him tomorrow! At least after 20+ years together he will finally understand how much work goes into preparing christmas. I think he thinks we will spend the week watching tv. I'm not complaining though as the room he is decorating looks lovely and when he is on holiday he does all the cooking. He means well just lacks organisation and common sense, leaving a wake of mess as he goes.

6. alphabite

alphabite New commenter

Oooo, I've never been called an inspiration before!
    2 rooms done. Having a rest and then starting the living room which should in theory be the easiest as there aren't so many boxes in here!

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i have the opposite.a wife who dosent tidy up and im constanty sorting out rooms !lol

8. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

@marymoocow... i hear ya. you know, we ordered the stuff for the spare loo room he's doing nearly a year ago, and maybe, MAYBE sometime soon, the soap dispenser will finally go up. i've not seen the floor in there for a while, and i'd really like to get stuff into the new cupboards that are now all up in there. i would. @olds... i'm not tidy, but all my mess in in MY study. his, in the name of DIY, is EVERYWHERE!

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Humph. We haven't even got the excuse of DIY. Mr Air is making model aeroplane no.2 in the kitchen. It's too cold in the garage, and he can't be stepnding all his time trotting between the kitchen and the garage when fetching various toold, chargers, soldering irons, etc, now can he?
    If only he would realise that the reason why his things get broken is because he leaves them out all day when the three small children are bumbling about, and I am cleaning...!!