1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do i stand

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by hakan101, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Recently i was accussed by a parent of being intimidating in a meeting, whereas it was quite the opposite as my collague who was also in the meeting can vouch. SMT came to see me and got by version and said there was nothing to worry about.
    Where do i stand... will this lead to more trouble.

2. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Parents throw accusations all the time. SMT have seen that before and they will see it again. It's never nice, but you have the advantage of having someone to back you up. Let them smooth it over with that parent (that's what they're paid for), make sure you are never on your own with that parent, and get on with your own life. But make sure you also let your SMT know how you are feeling and that your confidence has been knocked, it can't hurt...

3. many thanks for your reply. It hasn't really knocked my confidence, but has equally played on my mind unnecessarily.. i think