1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do I stand? new job- at the end of maternity

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by EBC, May 28, 2011.

1. EBC

EBC New commenter

Just out of interest in your experiences- I have posted on Pay and Conditions.
    I'm on maternity leave and due to return in January. The school have refused my request for part-time.They also want to move me to higher year group which will mean even more marking and all I wanted was to be able to spend as much time with my baby as I could after work.
    If in September I find a job in a school nearer to me or even a part-time position, where do I stand with regards to paying maternity money back- handing in notice etc
    I have to give a term notice in my school. Hypothetically: would it be necessary (better) to return to work full time, look for a job for Summer Term and give the notice in in January. OR am I allowed to hand my notice in, whilst on maternity leave to start a new job in January.
    Of course I know this is in an ideal world and of course I may not find anything but i'm just doing some research. I hope I've not confused you and made myself clear. Thanks for reading.

2. If it;s within the same LEA then there's no break in service, itherwise you may have to work 12 weeks or pay back some mat pay.