1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do I get the forms to become an AST

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by RKC, Jun 28, 2011.

1. RKC

RKC

I have been teaching for a 6 years now and have been advised to go for an AST role. I am finding it difficult to find the correct forms, both AST 1 and AST 2 are needed, I have only found the second one. I did contact Dfe who advised me to go the National Archive website....................where it does not exist! Are there any AST's here who have any useful tips?
    Thanks

2. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

maybe it's the first part of the selection process........

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/ast

The AST1 form must be completed by each AST candidate for main scale, post-threshold and excellent teacher positions. Please note there is a separate application form for each grade of teacher. You can download these application forms from this page.

BTW
    make sure you understand the distinction between "role" and "job"

3. Dear RKC,
    Your might be interested in a TES Weekend Workshop which is being held on Saturday 23rd July - Preparing to be assessed for AST Status. For further information please visit www.tesweekendworkshop38.eventbrite.com or contact advice@tes.co.uk.
    Regards,
    TES Careers Advice Service