1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where do all my pins go? Particularly in exam classes

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by designerwhirl, Feb 19, 2011.

1. I know there have been threads on here about pins and H &S. However I am trying to hold onto my pins because of the cost of them. Despite clearing up and going round with magnets, Y11, 12 and 13 have gone through 4 huge boxes of pins.
    How do others deal with this? I am considering giving them all a small box of pins, and if they lose those they have to buy their own. Is this feasible? This would mean buying about 50 seperate boxes of pins. However I could ask for a deposit to make sure I get them all back........
    They are so expensive and disappear so easily

2. I laughed when I saw this. You are right though, they don't even consider them to be a cost. I make them go around the room with my giant magnet and collect them all. They quite like doing this - even the older ones. And i have asked my cleaner to use the magnet as well, she always leaves me a full magnet of pins each day, which she has collected from the floor. I have the same problem with bobbins. When all the coursework is finished I always find a large number hidden away in the bags which have had their bits and pieces in them. I guess I have just got used to having to tidy up after them!