1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where did Saturday go?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Is it really 7pm on Saturday? Perhaps it's because my planned activities this weekend have been postponed til next weekend but I feel I have achieved nothing this weekend. I have tried a new recipe. That is all. Last night I was home and same again tonight. I spent the day pottering around at mine, then Dad's, then the butchers and green grocers. And soon it will be Sunday. And I will be prepping myself for work again. Really the weekend is only 1 day long in that respect. And I have somehow wasted it.

2. Is it really 7pm on Saturday? Perhaps it's because my planned activities this weekend have been postponed til next weekend but I feel I have achieved nothing this weekend. I have tried a new recipe. That is all. Last night I was home and same again tonight. I spent the day pottering around at mine, then Dad's, then the butchers and green grocers. And soon it will be Sunday. And I will be prepping myself for work again. Really the weekend is only 1 day long in that respect. And I have somehow wasted it.

3. You might as well waste the rest of it now and watch Take me out.

4. Nah I am on channel 4+1 watching Come DIne with Me - one of the few I haven't already seen.

5. If Michael Gove has his way perhaps that thought is a little too close to the truth!

6. If that happens there may as well not be a weekend for me. Sunday is always a write off since I have to go to bed early ready for the next day. Hence me feeling angry at myself for having wasted Saturday. It's not like ai didn't have things I could have been doing!

7. Do you not enjoy just doing nothing? I really value that time to just read, browse, watch TV etc. I dont see it as a wasted day, I see it as a day spent recuperating energy and relaxing.
    I normally like to get out and about at some point over the weekend though. I rarely work for more than a couple of hours on sunday evening as im quite organised and a bit of a workaholic during the week - i'd rather do it in the evenings while I am still in a work frame of mind, and save my weekends.

8. I do like doing nothing but always feel guilty afterwards. Like I'm wasting my life. I did get out today but didn't accomplish anything much. And I have lots to be getting on with.

9. aw27

aw27 New commenter

I have to say since leaving teaching (in the conventional sense) this is the most amazing thing - my weekends are now two FULL days - and there's friday night, and four other evenings too!
    Its the best feeling in the world after many years of exactly what you describe, disguise. You have my every sympathy.

10. What do you do now?

11. aw27

aw27 New commenter

I've PM'd you - slightly paranoid about my anonymity!!

12. I spent some of Saturday evening wathcing DVDs of 'Callan' and 'Special Branch', which my daugher gave me for Christmas. Both series date from the late 'Sixties', and both are in GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE!