1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get the dates for the SATS exams in 2012

Discussion in 'Primary' started by geek84, Dec 31, 2011.

1. geek84

geek84 New commenter

Good Morning
    My son is in year 6, and so I was wondering does anybody know the dates for the SATS exams in 2012?
    I presume all children will sit the exaa at the same time?
    Thanks

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/a00197755/key-stage-2-assessment-in-2012National Curriculum testing and assessment
    The 2012 Key Stage 2 National Curriculum tests will be held in the week beginning 14 May 2012. Externally marked tests will take place in:
    mathematics
    reading.
    Externally marked level 6 tests in reading and mathematics will be available to schools in 2012 to administer to eligible pupils on an optional basis. These tests will take place on Monday 21 May and Tuesday 22 May.

3. geek84

geek84 New commenter

Good Morning
    Many thanks for your reply. Are the kids just going to be tested on Maths, English, and Reading, or are there any other SATS tests which take place i.e. science?
    Thanks

4. Sorrim

Sorrim Occasional commenter

There is a lot of information on the 2012 Assessment and Reporting Arrangements website. If you google it, you can find it straight away. Hope it will answer your questions.
    Sorrim