1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get a copy of the Early Years Foundation Stage?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by vikiw, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am a teacher (supplying currently) about to go on Maternity leave and am attending a pre-registration course to possibly become a childminder. Anyway, only just got the confirmation letter and it says that I need to take a copy of the 'Early years Foundation Stage'. I trained for Foundation and KS1 but that was years ago and no idea what I did with my copy - or if it would even be relevant now!
    I have checked DCSF but it is not available to order. I seem to remember hearing that all statutory frameworks were moving online and wouldnt be available in print, am I right?

Thank you for any advice!

2. Hi,
    I am a teacher (supplying currently) about to go on Maternity leave and am attending a pre-registration course to possibly become a childminder. Anyway, only just got the confirmation letter and it says that I need to take a copy of the 'Early years Foundation Stage'. I trained for Foundation and KS1 but that was years ago and no idea what I did with my copy - or if it would even be relevant now!
    I have checked DCSF but it is not available to order. I seem to remember hearing that all statutory frameworks were moving online and wouldnt be available in print, am I right?

Thank you for any advice!

3. It's under review & so I assume it's only available to download now.

4. I am a student teacher and spent a very long time trying to get hold of this document. It is only available via download as it is under review. I was able to get a copy by asking a local nursery if they had a spare copy. Schools also may have spare copies that they would be happy to give you. It pays to ask around.
    Or, they were being sold on ebay for around £60-£200. Personally I would just ask around. :)