1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find the AQA controlled assessment tasks?

Discussion in 'English' started by tophut22, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I've been told they are available online but I can't find them anywhere. Am I being thick or are they not actually available yet?

2. CarolineEm

CarolineEm New commenter

You need to log onto e-AQA (password protected). If you don't have a password, your exams officer should be able to help.
    Hope this helps

3. Ah OK. Thanks.

4. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

If you can't find them, email me, I have them in a zip folder.
    zoebrunning@gmail.com

5. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

AQA email:

live Controlled Assessment Tasks for January and June 2011 and January and June 2012 ? now available on e-AQA. Search under Recent Exam Materials:
    - Year: 2009-10
    - Series: 6G JUNE 2010 GCSE
    - Qualification: GCSE
    - Subject Group: ENGLISH
    - Specification: ENGLISH A.

Right, easy then!

Still have them available if any one wants them emailed.

6. ceehorse

ceehorse New commenter

Yes please! I have trouble with the AQA website - must be the luddite syndrome.... I like good old-fashioned books.
    ceehorse77@googlemail.com

Many thanks!!

7. Alright, dim question here, but we choose 1 out of these 6 tasks as the Controlled Assessment for next year, don't we?

8. regentsreject

regentsreject Occasional commenter

It depends which part of which spec you are talking about. the only place you get a free choice from 6 tasks is the Spoken Language study. Writing is two tasks from 6 but these must be chosen from 2 different columns. Extended Reading is 1 task from 1 of the 2 columns.
    English stand alone and English Literature are slightly different.
    It sounds as though you need further guidance - email your controlled assessment advisor or just go through the specs - it's quite clear once you get your head round it. Or come back on here and I'll try to clarify iit further for you. Good luck :)

9. Thanks for that. It's the Spoken Language Study I meant, so that's good. Going to a meeting on Weds so should be clearer then (if my brain starts working).

10. I would love this please!

sarah_findlater@hotmail.com

thank you sooo much!

11. I'm in a brand new international school that doesn't yet teach KS4 but will as of August - we don't have a password yet and AQA is taking their time to get around to it - if someone could email me the tasks, it would be so much appreciated!

kerryharper2002@yahoo.co.uk

12. gruoch

gruoch New commenter

Please! gruoch@gmail.com

13. gruoch

gruoch New commenter

A public thank-you for a swift response [​IMG]

14. pgiffney

pgiffney New commenter

I'm currently teaching in a school that teaches Functional Skills, entry levels and levels 1 and 2. We're about to offer GCSE English - but unsure which to go for - been asking for the specifications and trying to get my ehad around controlled assessment - it's been 4 years since I taught GCSE English and with the change of coursework to CA, I'm unsure about curriculum needs etc. Is there anyone out there who could clarify for me - we'd be most likely be going with AQA - any ideas/tips/resources/general advice? Thanks!
    p_giffney@yahoo.co.uk

15. fishtail

fishtail New commenter

16. I WOULD ALSO APPRECIATE THIS INFO BEING SENT TO ME
    pogyyy@yahoo.co.uk THANKS!

17. I would be very grateful if you could email them to me - we are a private unit that works with excluded students and AQA are spending forever deciding if we can work independently or if we have to find a school that will work with us. Meanwhile I'm trying to get my head round the new specs as we only have 1 year to teach them!!!!

andrea@kipmcgrath-se27.co.uk

18. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Although the current and new tasks are only on the secure site, they are widely available on many school websites. If you look through this forum, you'll find tasks mentioned. If you google one, you often find a page with the whole lot on.

19. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

Hi,

I don't suppose you still have access to the English language unit 3b Controlled assessment tasks for the 2011-2012 year, do you?

I'm desperately trying to get something planned before I start school in September- but cannot get onto the AQA site, or for some reason my school site!!

Thanks in advance
    candy_foss@hotmail.com