1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find penpals?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by leannehamilton1, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hi, I will be teaching a P6 class this year and our first project is Europe. I'd really like to set up penpals for my class but not sure where I can find a class to pair up with. Ideally I'd be looking for another European country. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Hi, I will be teaching a P6 class this year and our first project is Europe. I'd really like to set up penpals for my class but not sure where I can find a class to pair up with. Ideally I'd be looking for another European country. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

3. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Failing European countries, I could find you some in Korea. Let me know if I can help.
    xx

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I would love my class to have penpals in Korea. Could you let me have more details. I have year 5 and 6.
    Thanks

5. Try epals - http://www.epals.com/
    its web/email based pen pals and you can search for a school by country or even by topic. For example if you were doing ancient egypt you could search for a school in France also covering ancient egypt and hook up with them etc
    It is a great resource!

6. Another good place to look for penpals is etwinning.
    If you register on the website and then put up a post saying you are looking for penpals I am sure you will get lots of offers from various places. You could even then use this to create an etwinning project page and share the children's work etc with the schools who you pair up with.
    I use it every year to find French penpals for our Year 6 children, but I always see people on it looking for general penpals.
    Hope this helps x

7. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Does your town have a French twin town ?

Do any of your colleagues or parents have family or contacts in another country ?

You could also try the Global Gateway.

8. You could check out Oddizzi.com , they have a system that links up with other classes around the world

9. Hello
    I have just started teaching English in Shenzhen China. I have approximately 500 Chinese students aged 16. I looking to twin some or all of them with penpals as part of my module 'Education in the UK'. Their written English is absolutely excellent. There is a great opportunity for linking up with Geography and English curriculums. If anyone is interested and would maybe like to do a trail class please let me know.
    Niel