1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find a breakdown of English GCSE results by grade?

Discussion in 'English' started by DorotheaBrooke, Jan 14, 2011.

1. I've looked on the DfE website, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for which is a breakdown, by percentage, of the number of pupils achieving each grade at GCSE. What I'm after is a figure for the average number of pupils achieving A and A* grades at GCSE in Eng and Eng Lit. Or can anyone tell me what percentage of pupils in their schools tend to achieve these grades? All I can find is the A* to C figures and I need to seperate out the top grades.

2. regentsreject

regentsreject Occasional commenter

Each individual schoool or centre gets this information from the relevant exam board. You could try contacting the boards to see if they can release percentages across their whole entry.

3. Your exam officer should have a log in to access the exam board site (eg e-AQA) where you should be able to get all the info you need, including a comparison of your school vs similar schools and all AQA centres.