1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy material?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pocoyo, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Where is the best place to buy material at a reasonable price? I need a large piece of black material for my dark area in my role play. I have a blank mind trying to think of where to get some. x

2. Oooh and also...i need plystyrene balls...ones about the size of a ping pong ball. I can't find them anywhere. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. :0)
    xx

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Markets will probably be your best option but lots on line try ebay

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Hobbycraft

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Hobbycraft for the balls, they definitely have them near me. Markets for the material, or a curtain shop.

6. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

I assume you mean fabric. Try Dunelm mill or bedsheets often work. Markets are often the cheapest for rolls of fabric.

7. Hobby craft can be quite expensive for fabric I've found in the past, search yellow pages for a local fabric shop, lining fabric is often very cheap.

8. Don't buy stuff from hobbycraft, it is such a rip off.
    As others have said, local fabric and craft shops or markets are your best bet. Ikea is another option for cheap fabric.

9. I bought some fabric from Ebay and some from my local market.
    I also bought some foam type balls from Tesco. They were practise golf balls so they are yellow but I think they were less than two pounds for a pack of 6. They were in the sports equipment section in Tesco Extra.

10. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

I usually look in charity shops for fabrics as they often have curtains, table cloths and bedding that can be used for displays and such like.

Carrie [​IMG]

11. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

I got some at school through YOP. They came in a box with 25 small ones the size you need and 25 bigger ones perfect for puppet heads.