1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy comfortable but stylish shoes?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by chantillycream, Apr 23, 2012.

1. I have recently had corrective surgery on my foot. It is all healing nicely but my left foot is now much wider than my right. I have always loved shoes and whilst it is years since I have worn heels, I have always found "interesting" shoes. I am feeling a bit glum now having looked at websites like Hotter and Ecco- expensive and ... well.... old looking. Any ideas?

2. Mrs_Frog

Mrs_Frog New commenter

Evans? I have seriously wide feet and have found that Evans do some comfy shoes that are not particularly frumpy.
    I'm not sure if they would come under the term 'interesting', but I do have some very lovely fuschia pink and sparkly satin heels.....(although I know you don't wear heels - just an example...) may be worth a look, and not too pricey either.
    B x

3. lucyrose50

lucyrose50 Occasional commenter

I'd second Evans - they're excellent for wider fitting shoes and they have some really gorgeous ones. One of my friends has small but very wide feet and she gets nearly all of her shoes from Evans, plus has a reputation for always wearing lovely shoes so they must be good!

4. You could look up 'Fly' on amazon. I've got really difficult feet - I have to wear orthotic insoles so I need wide and fairly flat shoes. I've had a few pairs from Fly. Also 'Lands End' which is an on-line shop selling clothes and shoes - their shoes come in wide sizes and they have some different canvas shoes for summer. If you find anywhere good, please post it on here, it would be great to find a new supplier.

5. 576

576 Established commenter

I don't know about wide feet
    but when it comes to comfort I don't think you can beat Clarks and Skechers

6. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

I was going to suggest Hotter, as well. There's a Hotter shop near where I live and it's worth finding one and going in. Although much of their range is granny-like (my mum loves them!) not all of it is, by any means and they are just the most comfortable shoes in the world! I have a lovely pair of heels from there and a pair of ballet-type pumps.

7. I have wide feet but I love shopping for shoes. I'd echo the posts above about Evans - really good selection at reasonable prices. Another favourite is the online store 'Marisota' - again do wide and extra wide at good prices. The Hush Puppy online shop is also good - good bargains in the sale. Good luck.

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Some of the Clarks styles are lovely.
    I was fortunate to buy some over the winter in the sale. Have just found three new boxed pairs of Clarks MJs I'd squirreled away ready for the warmer weather. They were less than £20 each, instead of £45.
    I do wear them with orthotics, otherwise I get awful pains in my feet. The wider Clarks accommodate them easily.
    [​IMG]

9. I always wear flats and flat boots I bought myself from ECS and online ebay.com.............

I think you should try it there are very comfortable shoes available and cheap shoes there.........