1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy cheap lightsabers?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jul 10, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Having promised my new class (NEVER do this!) jedi and fairy writing next year, I'm looking about vaguely at lightsabers and fairy wands.

Amazon has both. Fairy wands are a couple of pounds, so no problem. However lightsabers are anything from £8 to £20something, so not quite as fine.

Cheaper ones from somewhere please?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Having promised my new class (NEVER do this!) jedi and fairy writing next year, I'm looking about vaguely at lightsabers and fairy wands.

Amazon has both. Fairy wands are a couple of pounds, so no problem. However lightsabers are anything from £8 to £20something, so not quite as fine.

Cheaper ones from somewhere please?

3. TOWIB

TOWIB New commenter

Make your own? Start saving the tubes from your wrapping paper rolls! Love the idea but I'll take your advice - no promises!

4. Have a look on eBay or go around the local pound shops.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you Marlin. Do they last forever (ish) or run out in half an hour like glow sticks at the fair?

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Well it says they have batteries, so I guess they would last longer than glow sticks.
    There is a 'contact us' page - could be worth an ask:
    http://www.glow.co.uk/contacts/

8. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

It says they contain LEDs which are powered by batteries, rather than the chemiluminescence glow sticks that light up when the chemicals within them combine and react. LEDs tend to run for a very long time.

9. Might not be want you want but I made these for my son's birthday party and they were a huge success (also very cheap to make!)

http://www.jedibroadsquad.net/FoamSaber.html

10. What a brilliant idea to make your own and really simple instructions for someone like me. Thanks for posting the link.

11. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If you wait until October the supermarkets & pound shops sell Halloween inspired light sabres. I bought 6 last year from Sainsburys (they have a pumpkin handle) and they've lasted all year for under £2

12. Best place to look is the cantina in Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine. Ask for a fella called Luke.

13. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you for all the ideas and information. Much appreciated...Maybe I'll buy one or two now, and then wait for halloween.

Thanks jeffpimblett!

14. Always happy to help!