1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where are the new assessment system resources?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Shaykhspeare, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Shaykhspeare

Shaykhspeare New commenter

Hello all

I'm a qualified English teacher but have been self-employed and working outside the state sector for many years. Last year I was travelling for most of the academic year (2015-16) so I'm a little out of the loop.

I have been researching AfL lately and updating myself about assessment without levels. Assessmentwithoutlevels.com announced 'innovation winners' to schools who had developed their own systems, e.g. Trinity Academy and their Mastery Assessment. This website and even webpages on tes itself refer the reader to TES: "The assessment system resources are available on the TES website at http://community.tes.co.uk/national_curriculum_2014/b/assessment_without_levels/default.aspx." This link does not work - neither does any link referring to such resources on TES.

And I notice that many of these announcements were in 2014 and nothing recently. Have I missed something? Where can I get these free resources? Here's the link to what I was reading: http://assessmentwithoutlevels.com/updated-summary-assessment-innovation-fund-winners/

Many thanks for your help.
    Tushar

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Hi. I recall these schools being given £10,000 to develop their ideas. I do a lot of work around AFL and give examples of how these innovation winners are structuring their practice. Something I read quite recently ( Commission Report on Assessment without Levels ? - Google is your friend ! ) suggests strongly that schools develop their own assessment procedures and lifting ' like for like ' models is not considered good practice . I résuméd it on a PPT - happy to send it to you if it world help. Assessment and assessment related issues are minefields currently.

3. Shaykhspeare

Shaykhspeare New commenter

[
    Thanks, Minnie. That's great but I would like to initially study the models at least. Did you check the links I mentioned? I don't understand why they were all freely published in 2014 but now can't be found. Have TES removed them? You can email the PPT on tusharimdad@gmail.com. I presented an Inset on AfL yesterday so I can return the gift!

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Fab. Shall send ASAP. Cheers

5. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

The DfE withdrew them after the Assessment Commission report, stating that they were going to review how each of them matched the suggestions of the report.

And that was the last we saw of them...

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Thanks for that Michael. I missed that announcement. Good to know