1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where are the ICT jobs?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Doggsy, Nov 23, 2009.

1. OK so I have been wondering about getting an international job since July 08 time and I am now in a position to start applying for one. However the one issue that I have is that there are hardly any ICT jobs out there, only 6 on TES at the moment and not all that many on search associates. Without signing up to any more agencies where I have to go through the process of getting 48 references where else should I look?

When will the jobs start coming online? I want an international job lined up for next summer and I want one now!

2. OK so I have been wondering about getting an international job since July 08 time and I am now in a position to start applying for one. However the one issue that I have is that there are hardly any ICT jobs out there, only 6 on TES at the moment and not all that many on search associates. Without signing up to any more agencies where I have to go through the process of getting 48 references where else should I look?

When will the jobs start coming online? I want an international job lined up for next summer and I want one now!

3. uncertain39

uncertain39 New commenter

Hi,
    Try COIS on http://members.cois.org/im/vacancies/vacancies.aspx (sorry couldn't get the link live) they do job fairs, but for most of the jobs on their website you can contact the school direct. these are the current vacancies:

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" style="color:#333333;width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;" id="ctl00_MainBody1_GridView1"><tr align="center" style="color:#333333;background-color:#f7f6f3;"><td>Sinarmas World Academy</td><td>Information Tech</td><td>Firm</td><td>
    15/07/2010
    </td><td>Indonesia</td>
    </tr><tr align="center" style="color:#284775;background-color:White;">
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>Haven of Peace Academy</td><td>Information Tech</td><td>Firm</td><td>
    31/05/2010
    </td><td>Tanzania</td>
    </tr><tr align="center" style="color:#333333;background-color:#f7f6f3;">
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>International School, Ho Chi Minh City</td><td>Information Tech</td><td> </td><td>
    30/01/2010
    </td><td>Vietnam</td>
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>Escuela Campo Alegre</td><td>Information Tech</td><td>Tentative</td><td>
    01/06/2010
    </td><td>Venezuela</td>
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>Escuela Campo Alegre</td><td>Information Tech</td><td>Tentative</td><td>
    01/06/2010
    </td><td>Venezuela</td>
    01/01/2010
    </td><td>Venezuela</td></tr></table><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" style="color:#333333;width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;" id="ctl00_MainBody1_GridView1"><tr align="center" style="color:#333333;background-color:#f7f6f3;"><td>International School of Prague</td><td>Computer Studies</td><td>Firm</td><td>
    01/03/2010
    </td><td>Czech Republic</td>
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>Dhirubhai Ambani International School</td><td>Computer Studies</td><td>Firm</td><td>
    10/01/2010
    </td><td>India</td>
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>International School of Amsterdam</td><td>Computer Studies</td><td>Firm</td><td>
    15/03/2010
    </td><td>Netherlands</td>
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>The British School Quito</td><td>Computer Studies</td><td> </td><td>
    30/09/2010
    </td><td>Ecuador</td>
    <td> </td><td> </td><td>Advanced Learning Schools</td><td>Computer Studies</td><td> </td><td>
    30/06/2010
    </td><td>Saudi Arabia</td></tr></table>

4. Thanks for that. I actually discovered that site a while ago but didn't bookmark it because I just left it in mybrowser history. When I had complete malfunction of my laptop and had to reinstall my operating system I obviously lost all my history and completely forgot about it.

Thanks again

5. Dont worry if it is like last year, come January there will be 20-30 ICT jobs, one of which I got [​IMG]. Most schools ask staff if they are going to renew there contracts first day back after Xmas, so the adverts will go in after that date. Seeing as you are another ICT person, drop me a PM if you need any more advice or help.

6. Hi
    I don't know if you are still active on the website but I am interested in teaching ICT abroad. I'm currently at university but will be graduating this summer. I am mature student and have previous experince of teaching at a secondary level. I will be graduating with a Hons degree in computing. I am looking for a job in Qatar region. Wondering if can give me special guidance or maybe put a good word in for me..