1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Where are all the Labour supporters.I don't hear too many cheers?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Aug 15, 2019.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

There me thinking you would all be celebrating that great leaders attempt to get himself in the control seat (albeit temporary while he sorts out the country).

BelleDuJour likes this.
  2. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I think it's a very shrewd move by Corbyn, and he's dead right that this is the only way to prevent Brexit. It speaks volumes that the "******** To Brexit" Party revealed its true colours as soon as a plan is put to them involving their co-operation which might actually achieve something - complete negativity. The fact is that the Lib Dems see their recovery in the polls by being "the only party to oppose Brexit." However, once the chance to put their money where their mouth is crops up, they are all mouth and no trousers, especially their ridiculous leader Jo Swinson and newest recruit Chuka Umunna.

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Its your view Maga and therefore to be thought about.Yet not so long ago they were crowing how wonderful Corbyn will be, but he only people seeming willing to support him are Tory disloyal members and not even all his own party.
    I dod think on here Labour supporters might be crowing proudly but one can see how rapidly it is dropping down the forum how they feel.

4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

You really need to give the Daily Fail a swerve oldie.

5. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

You have to admire how Corbyn is selflessly offering the country what Marshal Petain called "the gift of my person". What a guy.

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Why would Labour supporters be "crowing proudly"?

If a no deal Brexit can be avoided it's not my primary concern who makes it happen - just that every avenue is explored to bring it about. In my opinion things have become far too serious for "crowing" and childish point scoring to be appropriate

7. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Salaried incompetents destroying our country because they don't understand how to trade.

Their ignorance is astounding in giving away everything.

grumpydogwoman and Laphroig like this.
  8. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Corbyn needs to remember he is not the only leader of a party in opposition.

BelleDuJour and nomad like this.
  9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

10. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

To quote Leonard Cohen ‘Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!’.

magic surf bus likes this.
  11. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

He messed up the vote of no confidence twice, earlier in the year. I have no confidence that he can propose a vote of no confidence.
    (If Seamus writes out clear instructions it might work)

BelleDuJour, artboyusa and oldsomeman like this.
  12. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Let's not forget that this is the silly season. I'm sure that behind the scenes politicians are trying to negotiate with each other the best way to handle things when they go back to work, but they are going to toss ideas into the media to see what reaction they get.

Whatever the papers write will be no more informative than when they told us in 2010, that the Lib-Dems said they refused point blank to get into bed with the Tories.

We'll find out soon enough what they're up to. It'll be an exciting time. Anyone hoping to travel abroad on 1st November out to book their tickets early, because as sure as egg is eggs, there'll be a scramble for them one way or the other, when we know what Britain's fate is to be.

13. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Why do you think that?

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

If our garbage establishment had devoted just a tiny portion of the energy and creativity they've shown in trying to stop Brexit to actually running the place properly we'd all be better off.
    These slippery clowns have managed one thing well and that's the 'No Deal Apocalypse' scam, which isn't about stopping No Deal, its about stopping Brexit by using the phony threat of No Deal to get Article 50 revoked. They can't say publicly that they want to kill Brexit but they think they can play us with this 'No Deal=End of the World' hoax. And so far it's working.

oldsomeman likes this.
  15. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Seems like a very real threat of No Deal to me and I would suggest there is no mandate for it.

chelsea2, MAGAorMIGA, vannie and 2 others like this.
  16. blue451

blue451 Established commenter

But he is the leader of the opposition party with the greatest number of MPs.

Though personally I thiink even George Mitchell might struggle to get agreement between the various factions here.

17. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Celebrating? What's there to celebrate?

It's all a shambles.

18. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

The question people were asked was not "Do you want to leave the EU or would you like a deal?"

19. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

There's no mandate for a deal, either.

20. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

The only person who is going to lead this country is Boris Johnson or the person who directs all British political life at present: Nigel Farage.

Anyone who doesn't respect the electoral register and value the personal vote hasn't got a hope.

You can't have a person who denies the validity of our voting system running our country. They shouldn't even be running a political party unless their manifesto states they are a fascist party.

The only followers those people will get are people who don't value the personal vote.

Your vote either means something or it doesn't.

BelleDuJour and oldsomeman like this.