1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When was the last time you experienced something totally NEW?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Jan 7, 2011.

1. For me it was when I ordered some Thai food recently. I ordered a soup, which contained large, fleshy, pod-like things, shaped like miniature pears.
    They were in fact, mushrooms - of a type I had never seen in my life.

They looked like alien birth sacs from some primordial planet. The soup tasted amazing though.

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

have you got younger since you had i then........like that film where the alien life pods where in thepool and all the oldies started to be young?

3. bnm

bnm

Probably when I started snorkelling a few years ago.
    Amazing.

4. That's a coincidence - I remember thinking at the time they looked like something that would give eternal life!

5. wordsworth

wordsworth Senior commenter

6. I am going to have special chow mein tonight - never had thar before

7. *that

8. Blimey, you have some living left to do!
    I'm not sure that eating is actually anything new but I did have snake for the first time last year. It was meh.
    Had an endoscopy and a CT scan too. Even less than meh.

9. Living dangerously!

10. I remember making a conscious effort about 7 years ago to try something new regularly: went skiing/ indoor climbing / had thai food. Since then....ummmm

11. Ooohh, if we're talking medical things i have loads!
    The joys of increasing years [​IMG]

12. Today i tried outdoor rock climbing for the first time- incredibly different to the indoor wall! Best way to have spent the last day of the holiday - despite the rain! This evening i willbe nursing a bad back..... must learn to fall more carefully!!

13. Snorkelling last summer - fab!

14. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I visited a gym yesterday. And I used the equipment.

15. Parachute jump when I was a teenager - amazing and got me over my fear of heights.
    Also climbing the sail of a tall ship.
    Having a brain scan last year as part of a psychology study. Very strange and I was in the MRI scanner for more than an hour! Thought they'd melted my brain. I got a scan picture as a memento - quite weird seeing your own brain.
    Also last year - learning to drive - that was a new and scary experience.

16. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I'm starting a business on Monday [​IMG]