1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When to tell parents that their child's teacher is pregnant?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by cath1980, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Hi, I don't think that you should have to tell anyone until you feel ready to, just because you teach their children doesn't mean that they have to know about your private business and at 15 weeks, it is going to be a while before a change of teacher etc will have to effect the children and a formal letter to be sent out. If anyone asks again could you just say ' Yes I am but it is very early days so I am not going public with it yet' and hopefully they should respect that, so many people are cautious about telling too many people early on so it is not being unreasonable to expect the same kind of privacy.

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

At our school parents are not informed of a teacher's pregnacy until they go on maternity leave. I don't see why they need to be officially informed, if you choose to talk about it, it's up to you.