1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When to tell headteacher you are expecting?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by cath1980, Jan 26, 2012.

1. I know is legally 15wks before due date, but just wondering at what stage people have told head. Has anyone left it later than 12wks? I am almost 19wks x

2. anyone? x

3. I told mine very early at 8 weeks as I had recently had an early miscarriage and I teach a practical subject and knew I wouldnt be in for an easy ride! By 15 weeks I had a definate bump on show so difficult to hide for too long! xx

4. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

Congratulations - you're nearly half way there!! I'm guessing that the lack of response means that most people haven't been able to hide their pregnancy for 19 weeks, so aren't in your position! Some will have needed some time off for illness or appointments, etc., others will have wanted to share their good news, but the growing bump will have been the give-away for many! There's also the matter of the risk assessment which is put in place as soon as possible after you tell your boss, which is another reason to tell your head quite early. Personally, I was 11 weeks and needed time off to go to my dating scan.

5. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

I was 15 weeks - it was just after my dating scan. Congratulations! x

6. i told mine at 21 weeks, long story, but was not comfortable saying before that. have only recently told others at school. luckily i am on the large side, wear lose clothing so have been able to keep it hidden !!