1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When to start the process?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by starry_eyed_surprise, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Hello all,
    It is my plan to apply for international teaching positions starting in August/September 2012 (by this point I will have completed 2 years of teaching in the UK). I have been trying to work out how and when I should start this process. I know that I can apply through the TES, but have also been told to apply through international teaching fairs.
    How do these work, and are there any fairs in particular that have the best repuation?
    Thank you in advance!

2. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

Hi there, it is starting even sooner this year. Normally our school requests notice by Jan 1st if you are planning to leave in the July. We were told today to let them know by mid-November if we weren't renewing our contracts. This doesn't apply to me this year but will do next year when I'm up for renewal. There are some big job fairs in Feb from what I can gather. Good luck.

3. Hello,
    I am in the same position, although I am only beginning my NQT year now, so will only have one year teaching experience, but from what I gather, this will be enough for most schools. Any help or advice on how to apply for jobs starting in September 2012 would be greatly appreciated - I am specifically looking for primary teaching jobs in Dubai.

4. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

I hope, when it comes to the school renewing staff contracts that they will give you guys just as much notice.