1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When to hand my notice in?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by anon326, Dec 24, 2010.

1. What does your contract say?
    Mine said, 3 months notice for the Autumn term and 4 months for the spring and summer term. In my current job (in an FE college), I have to give 3 months notice. E.g. Had I handed in my notice on 28th November, my leaving date would have been 1st March.
    When I worked in a school, I handed in my notice at October half term and my leaving date was 31st December.
    Hope this helps!
    Merry Xmas to you too!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bettie - there are standard leaving dates and notice dates in state schools.
    You hand in your notice no later than 28 February to leave 30 April.
    Happy Christmas!

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. bettieblu

bettieblu New commenter

Thanks for the advice, I suspect that was the case - I want to ensure that I give them plenty of notice as they (current school) appear to be finding it hard to replace teachers at present and a number of us are leaving/ have left. I had also hoped I could leave sooner as its not a great place to work at all and is actually making me quite ill. Oh well, guess counting down the weeks now begins.

Cheers, bettie [​IMG]