1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

When to give up hope...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tigger82, Feb 16, 2012.

1. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Good afternoon all,
    The job I applied for had a closing date of the 10th of Feb and they intend to interview on the 24th. The 10th and 13th were holidays so I am assuming that the 14th is the earliest they were likely to shortlist.
    I am going away for the weekend and I just want to relax and put this out of my mind (does anybody lse get a bit obesessive about these things?).
    To add to the confusion my current school are on holiday tomorrow and Monday so I won't know if my references have been called until Tuesday.
    So when do I give up hope?
    I hate the wait [​IMG]

2. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Good afternoon all,
    The job I applied for had a closing date of the 10th of Feb and they intend to interview on the 24th. The 10th and 13th were holidays so I am assuming that the 14th is the earliest they were likely to shortlist.
    I am going away for the weekend and I just want to relax and put this out of my mind (does anybody lse get a bit obesessive about these things?).
    To add to the confusion my current school are on holiday tomorrow and Monday so I won't know if my references have been called until Tuesday.
    So when do I give up hope?
    I hate the wait [​IMG]

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Not yet.
    Fingers crossed for you!
    [​IMG]

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Aww I'm sorry to hear that but its fabulous they took the time to contact you with such nice feedback! xxx

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Sorry you didn't get it! Fingers crossed for the next one[​IMG]!

6. Depends on the school. I have received letters/e-mails to this affect from a number of schools, but compared to the amount of jobs I have applied for, it's a TINY amount.
    I once received a letter from a school after an interview, informing me once again that I had not been shortlisted (call the previous day), with feedback and best of luck for the future. It was genuine feedback as well :)

7. I'm really sorry about this, tigger82!
    Still, it was good that the school bothered to tell you! Lots of places don't!
    I don't know if Lara_MFL's offered you flowers yet. If not, I'm bumping this thread in the hope that she'll see it and offer you some! ;-)
    I'm sure you'll get the next job on offer! ;-)

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You can post Flowers too you know msbrainy -see my note re my not being so much online at present on the Flowers . . .

9. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Thank you all x